Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Camera

This blog post isn't just about a new camera...
Although, it partly is.

What I'm wanting to say with this post is that my channel, HeySticks, is going to change. For the past few months, I've been observing bigger YouTubers and what they do. One central theme that I've observed is that most of them have some sort of structure to what they produce. For instance, Wheezy Waiter typically sits at his desk when he makes videos on his main channel. It's basically the same setup, but each video quickly separates itself from the others with it's own qualities; I love his videos so much. What I've come to realize from writing out all of the above conclusions is that I don't care about structure. I would always used to feel like I had to make a big skit and do lots of editing to put up a video. When really, I'm allowed to do whatever the hell I want because it's my channel.
For now on, It's about me (personally), and I'm going to put out whatever content I want! Maybe I'll vlog one day, do a comedy skit the next day, and then a long, serious discussion on a current topic the next day. I don't care anymore, and I'm sick of looking everywhere for inspiration all of the time. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, it's obvious. If I make videos based on whatever the hell I want to do, it's going to be WAY less of a hassle. Do you know what happens when I force myself to make a video when I'm not in the mood? It's shitty. That is all.
P.S. I think I'm going to get a new camera soon.
Regards,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment