Monday, November 14, 2011

Who am I?

     I define the difference between a nerd and a geek as a focus difference. Nerds focus on practical subjects and are more associated with intelligence. Geeks fixate on a particular hobby or course of study for no particular reason, and know the ins and outs of it. Nerds seem to be a specific brand of geek; The kind of geek that will make a lot of money later on. That definition makes sense to me, except for other specific hobbies. If this reasoning applied, then all people who were good at sports like football would be geeks. By definition, they would be geeks because they know a lot and are physically seasoned in a useless game. Pretty much all hobbies are useless, so I'm not poking fun. They were the popular kids in school, so I'm not so sure the public would consider them geeks. I think it's a mix of little definition and a lot of varying speculation. Like... fashion. If you take fashion seriously, then take into account the fact that mullets, at one time, were acceptable. I don't want to hold geekiness to a double standard like that. I refuse to take it seriously.
     By the way, I completely went off topic from what I wanted to originally talk about. Then, I forgot what I originally wanted to talk about. It turns out, "Max's Memory Dump" might be the perfect name for this blog after all.
     Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment