Saturday, August 6, 2011

Feeling French

     With this post comes a specific inspiration in mind, but a general message nonetheless.

     A second ago, I finished watching the film Amélie. It's totally French; you probably couldn't tell or anything.
     After watching, I had this sudden large rush of inspiration to learn the French language. I'd never really wanted to learn it before. I took Spanish in highschool. Point being, good movies seem to have a lasting effect onto things I want to do. Here's another example for perspective: After I saw the Social Network for the first time, I wanted to go and learn a bunch of programming languages and whatnot. Also, people feel like they can kick ass after they watch a Jackie Chan movie. "I wish somebody would mess with me right now!". That last one probably got you.
Anyways,
     I can't help but wonder what it would be like to watch movies to keep doing everything you do in your life. The inspirational effect from movies seem to last the whole day after you watch. It's crazy how that works. What if a person watched movies about hackers every day to get better grades as a Computer Science major? I think It could work, given there are an assortment of movies to not get tired of. 
     Here's another thought I had a second ago.
     What if, after viewing an inspirational movie, you stay awake for as long as you can? Would the effects of the movie stick around until you pass out? I don't even know, but I feel like I need to conduct an experiment in the near future, seeing as I'm quite useless at the moment. 

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment